Kindness at the Core
Hey guys, it’s Stephanie! You missed me right? I know, I know,you don’t have to cry anymore, I’m here! Haaa,just kidding,I really doubt anyone would cry over me. Anyway, it’s time for yet another challenge!
Today’s challenge it to talk about 5 random acts of kindness that inspire you.
1. One thing that will always inspire me is when you go through the drive thru of somewhere, and you pay for the people behind you, whatever the cost is. It’s like an anonymous Pay it Foward,and whenever I see someone do it,I can’t help but smile.I know that if I wasn’t having my own money struggles,that is something I would do at least once a week.
2.This is something we do at school, and it’s called Secret Pals. Everyone writes their name down on a slip of paper, and then we put them in a hat, and then everyone draws a name. Throughout the night, you are to do something for that person, that you think they would like. For example, a treat, a love letter, a drawing, a toy…Whatever you think they would like. Now, the trick is to have somebody else deliver it, so that they never know. I’ve done this twice now, and every time I do it I feel inspired to go even bigger and better each time. My first time, I gave them my favorite pair of sassy purple sunglasses, and a granny smith apple. The combination of sassy,but sweet.This time,I did a drawing of my person’s dog, Monty, which you guys saw earlier. It’s just really fun to see everyone’s reactions.
3. There was one that I saw in a video last night about a man giving a homeless man a fake winning lottery ticket, and the ‘prize’ being $1,000. He let the store clerk in on it, and the homeless man’s expression, and the reaction the man got from it, you could tell it was worth every penny of that money. It’s things like that that make me cry.
4. This is one my parents did. About a year ago, they were going to the grocery store, and in the parking lot was a young man, around my age with a sign that just said “Hungry”. Nothing more, nothing less. So, my mom started crying, because she knows how it felt to be like that when she had my brother. So, they went to Little Caesar’s,got him a pizza, and brought it to him. The young man cried, and thanked her. You know, a lot of times, it’s hard to trust the homeless because you don’t know what they’re going to do, but this man was genuinely thankful for my mother and father in that moment.
The last one,I am leaving blank. It is for you to fill in. I want you to share a random act of kindness with me that inspires you, or genuinely makes you happy. It could be the same as mine, it could be different. Let me know! I hope you guys enjoyed reading, and I hope you have an amazing Thursday! I love you all, and I will see you tomorrow. Keep it sassy! <3
Five and a half hours later, I have this drawing of her and her puppy Monty for my secret pal. Hope she loves it! Love what I do :) #worthit #drawing #dogs #dogsofinstagram #secretpal #love
That moment when you’re hard core drawing, and you take a pause, look at your hand, and you’ve turned into Metal Mario. Ah well! #lefthanderproblems #drawing #graphite #hardcore #metalmario #hands
Guilty as Pleasured
Hey guys, it’s Stephanie! Man, do I love queuing! I mean, this post wasn’t queued, I’m creating it on the spot, but I just love the fact of keeping my promise, and actually succeeding in something! Okay…I just spent like 20 minutes talking about irrelevant queuing. This is where the Girl Code famous hashtag #isthatweird would come into play.
I love the response I have been getting from these blogs. You guys are amazing. You’ve brought my inspiration back :) Now onto today’s challenge.
Today’s challenge is to list 9 of your ‘Guilty Pleasures’. Well…Now I am sort of wishing I had queued this one, so I would have had more time to think, because in my opinion, I don’t have any guilty pleasures. I am someone who does what I do for me, and nobody else. I do what I like, and I have no shame for it. However, I shall try my best to come up with some. If I don’t make it right to 9, I apologize, just know that I tried my best.
1. Listening to any songs by Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, or Justin Bieber. You see, I am obsessed with music, in literally every genre. But I’m sure you all have that one song that you are embarrassed to admit that you are obsessed with, and when it comes on you iPod, or whatever you have, you turn it down low enough that no one around you can hear it, but you can still completely jam out to it. I am definitely one of those people. Miley I don’t really have any shame over anymore, because I think she’s brilliant, but Selena and Justin….They make me feel so wrong, yet so right!
2. Fast food. I mentioned this is my blog challenge a few days ago, but really, it is a huge issue. When my mom was going through nursing school, I feel like that is all we ate. And after four years of a bunch of fast food(Probably why I’m so fat) you kind of build an addiction to it. So yes, I get cravings a lot. I feel bad for buying it when I do, but I just need that bit of satisfaction.
3. Watching Full House and poking fun at the acting. I’m getting a little creative here, but this is something my sister and I used to do when we were younger, and it is still something I do on occasion. Really, the show is just so ridiculously overdramatic, that it’s hard to not exaggerate every fake feeling emotion. Of course it’s funny in the moment, but you still have to feel a little bad mocking someone’s career.
4. Taking baths. Now, this may seem like a weird one to you. I mean, why would one feel guilty about taking a bath? Well, in the society I grew up in, I always heard people say that taking a bath is like stewing in your own filth. It’s ‘gross’ or ‘disgusting’. But I just love it. It is one of the only things that leaves me at peace. The only time I give myself to reflect on life,and what is going on.
5. Being free. This one I feel like I might have to explain a little. You see, I feel pretty restricted, like I can’t do much. So when I go out with friends, I enjoy it whole heartedly, and make sure that I am doing what makes ME happy. However, I know my choices aren’t always perfect. But really, whose are? Honestly, I hate to disappoint anyone, but feeling free is addicting.
Alright guys, I think that’s about all I can do. I have been sitting here for about an hour now, and I am lost for the last four. If I figure some out before the challenge is over, I will come back and edit this, and let you guys know. But I hope you got to know me even a little bit more,and that you enjoyed reading. I love you all, and I will see you tomorrow. Keep it sassy! <3
Hey guys, it’s Stephanie! I haven’t gotten your guys’ feedback about my 20 unique facts yet, as it hasn’t actually been posted yet, but I know I mentioned something about having my 1,000th blog post today, and that I wanted to make it special. So, here goes nothing.
I honestly just want to tell you all how much I appreciate you. When I first started Tumblr, it was July in 2012. At this point, I just got a Tumblr because I had nothing better to do, and because I could use some cheap laughs, and I heard Tumblr was a good place to get them.
Well, it’s almost 2 years later, and my oh my have things changed! In February last year, I decided I wanted to take the literal route of Tumblr being a blogging website, and hopefully, I would be able to inspire. Little did I know that my community of friends would help me even more than I did them!
You see, even if you don’t know it, if you’ve ever visited my blog, you have helped me. You have cheered me up, and you have made me feel important. When I am feeling down, you can tell, and there are all 146 of you who in your own way, at some point can encourage me, and remind me that I matter, and that things will get better.
To be honest, you guys are like my third family(With Paul Mitchell being my second). I simply adore that I know you all from all over the world, and through tags, and different struggles, and interests…we connect. I just want to thank you guys so much for sticking around, and for loving me like I love you. I hope my next 1,000 posts are even better, and get even more encouragement than the first. I love you all, and I will see you tomorrow. As always, keep it sassy!
Get to Know Me!
Hey guys, it’s Stephanie! I see that you all enjoyed my quotes from yesterday. I’m glad. It makes me feel really good about myself. Now, I know that some of you still don’t know a lot about me, so today, I’m going to hopefully drop some knowledge on you!
Today’s challenge is to tell 20 facts, or things about yourself. I feel like I’ve done a few of these kinds of blogs before, so I will try my best to come up with new things.
1. I use medical tape a lot when doing my eye makeup. It helps in giving me a sharp, crisp line, and helps me to get my liquid eyeliner even.
2. I am one of those people who will listen to a song, love it, and then repeatedly listen to it until I hate it. Sometimes that takes a long time, so people actually start to hate me.
3. In my family, I get called a hipster a lot.
4. I have a terrible fear of my house being broken into, and every time I am home alone I lock all of the doors.
5. I get more compliments when I have straight hair than when my hair is natural, so it makes me want to never wear my hair curly, even though I know it looks better, as well as healthier.
6. It’s very hard for me to not think that everyone hates me.
7. There is a stuffed penguin in my closet that in 10th grade, a boy put down his pants. I really need to throw it out, it freaks me out.
8. The more time I spend on the clinic floor at school, the more I think I might be getting into hair cutting.
9. Sometimes sex noises unintentionally turn me on, no matter where they come from. *Shame*
10. My addiction to floral patterns just keeps getting worse and worse.
11. I currently have 535 friends on Facebook.
12. I have a somewhat irrational, but for me, rational fear that I won’t be able to have children.
13. Sometimes I think about chopping my hair off again, but then I remember how many times I cried when I was growing it out.
14. I am someone who is desperate to change things all of the time, and try new things. In my wardrobe, in my makeup…Everything.
15. Any time that someone “Likes” something, or reblogs, or comments on something of mine on any social media platform, I instantly follow them. Anyone who thinks I am worthy of their time is worthy of mine.
16. I haven’t REALLY told him yet, and I hope he doesn’t read this, but I’ve known since Valentine’s Day, the night of our first kiss, that Ethan is “The One”. I feel like we had a moment when our eyes locked, my arms around his his shoulders, and I just…Knew. I felt safe. :)
17. I have terrible hand-eye coordination and a lack of focus.
18. I simply cannot pull of a ‘sloppy bun’ like this:
No really, I just can’t. They’re beautiful, and effortless looking, but my hair just won’t.
19. I can pick up things with my toes, which is awesome, because I’m really lazy.
20. By the time you see this,hopefully my blog will look completely different from yesterday! P.S. I just learned how to queue my posts properly….This shall be fun ;) Thanks, babe!
Anyway, I hope you all learned a little something about yours truly, and I would love to learn some new things about all of you. Leave me something, don’t be shy! Next comes my 1,000th Tumblr post….Should it be epic? I think so! I love you all. Keep it sassy! <3
Don’t Quote me on That!
Hey guys, it’s Stephanie! I know it’s pretty late at night,but I pretty much just got back from school, and I’m nomming some delicious toast and kiwi(Which is surprisingly incredibly satisfying, by the way), and I didn’t want to already lose the 31 day challenge, so here we go!
Today’s challenge is to talk about your favorite quotes or song lyrics. *Disclaimer* Sorry not sorry if these all happen to be from Perks of Being a Wallflower.
1. “And in this moment, I swear we were infinite.” Now, this one is actually tattooed on my right shoulder, and you would know if you have been following me for a while. In my eyes, this quote is about knowing that you are not a sad story.That you are alive. Whenever I hear it, I start crying, so it is definitely my number 1.
2. “Can’t never did do nothing” this is a quote from my grandfather, that some of you may have heard before. To me, this means that if you say you won’t, or that you never will, you won’t.You have to believe in yourself to make change. And to me, that is very powerful.
3. “They say you cannot choose where you come from, but you can choose where you go from there.” This is also from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Now, I know we all come from bad, dark, sinful places, and there are things we never chose to have happen to us. However,it is our decision to break the barrier of change, and it is in our power to choose to rise up, and fight, and be something completely new. That is one that just really resonates with me.
4. “Some will, some won’t, so what?” This can be interpreted in many ways, so I will let you decide what you want it to me. It is a quote from the dean of my school, Winn C. Claybaugh.
Well, I think I’ve done enough damage tonight, so I will leave you be. I love you all, and I will see you tomorrow. Keep it sassy! <3
Been sending pictures back and forth with my boyfriend’s little sister Annalese all day. She’s so cuuuute! #boyfriendslittlesister #pictures #funny #cute
Anonymous asked: Can I just say you are such a cool chick :)
Aww thank you so much! You are pretty rad yourself!